Saturday, August 11, 2012

Introducing Emily

Well, here I am a 32 and half year old woman, successful by most standards. One I moved out of my parents house and live with a roommate in a beautiful house turned to two huge apartments! No, I don't live in both apartment, but our half is defiantly the better half. Two I have my Bachelor's of Arts in Cultural Studies with a concentration in Literature. The moment I walked across the stage to receive my college diploma was the second best day of my life, second only to when I accepted Jesus as my personal savior!                 
Third I have a great job at the hospital near my apartment. It's not what I got my degree in, but I tried to teach Literature and it's just not for me. I actually work in Medical Records doing top secret stuff. LOL! I like it because it gives me time to write. I write mostly poetry. I have had stuff published in both my high school and college's literary arts magazines. I just have to get the nerve to publish where I would make money. I guess this is where Emily's blog comes in. I have two dilemmas. One I want to be a published author and two I want to find Mr. Right!

I know that this is twenty first century and I would seem accomplished to some. However, ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a mom. Again, remembering the century, I know I could do this on my own. The thing is, I want my child to be my flesh and blood. No test tubes for me and I don't just want to pick a random guy. Secret alert, Emily is a virgin! So anyway, what I am saying is I want my baby the old fashion way with someone who means something to me. I would also preferably like this person to want to be a part of the child's life. I want my child to have a Daddy.

Well, we come to lesson one. Men fall out of the sky. The good ones anyway. My only serious boyfriend, I met on my first weekend at college. I was in orientation and I sat next to my roommate and I guess I didn't realize I said this out loud. However, I turned to the other side of me and said, "I guess no one wants to on the other side of me!" Well, the sweetest, gentlest young man ever said, "I'll sit next to you!" It was a long drawn out process after that, but that December until the end of Freshmen year, he was Emily's serious boyfriend. Now the sexy, sweetest man I have in my life, I meet through friends. The only problem is his 52 years old and not interested in a relationship. So I must move on. He will always be my friend and have a place in my heart, but with his age, even if he did change his mind, I don't think that he would want to be somebody's Daddy

Men do come to one through trying to find them, but I had horrible experiences looking for young men in high school and went on the two of the worst dates of my life then. Also after college, there was a several men that never made it beyond the first date. So I am waiting for a third guy to fall out of the sky! I am going to take you on the journey with me. Let's hope two is not all I get. And I think it's going to be pretty interesting finding out where he will come from. I guess I have a dead line on this too because my Mom went through menopause at 37 and her Mom (my grandma) went around forty.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Emily hang on girlfriend you will find the right guy. It takes time to find one and don't rush into anything. I made that mistake the first time around and it ended in a bad marriage, led to a divorce. I found my Mr. Wright at age 32, I met him though at age 18 we were best friends. It can happen for you girlfriend. Just have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel,

    Right now I am 32 so maybe I'll find him this year. LOL. I keep thinking that I am old, though. Often times though people remind me of how young I really am. Faith is a good thing to have. I guess that's the key. To have faith. Not rushing is a good thing too. It's good to learn from your own mistakes, but it's even better to learn from someone's else's.

    Thanks for commenting.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete